Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Guide to Getting Your Book Published

My sister gave me the book, The Essential Guide to Getting your Book Published, as a gift last week when I went to visit her. So far it looks promising, it’s well written containing witty stories from fellow authors. It’s certainly not the boring how to book I expected. I've made it through page 60 just past the social networking chapter, ironic. I know how much work it is to get published, this has let me know how much more work it will be.

I was afraid to post chapters from my book. I thought that if my book was available online for free it might turn publishers off, but this book quashed my fears. Apparently it can only help to promote your work.

That’s good news for anyone who’s been curious. I’m going to reread the beginning of my book and post a sample chapter next Wednesday.

 

The Essential Guide to Getting your Book Published By Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Getting-Your-Published/dp/076116085X/

No comments:

Post a Comment